Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Estate Sale Treasure Hunting

My friend, Marlene, and I love to go to estate sales.  Recently we drove from Fayetteville to Manchester in search of wonderful things to put in our booths at Gaslamp Antique Mall.  I was lucky enough to snare 6 of these cute retro plates in pristine condition.

I was amazed to also find a Sunbeam avocado green Mix Master that works with two batter bowls.  I got such a great buy, that I only had to ask $34 for it.


Another irresistable find was these avocado green canisters that would complete a kitchen 's0reminiscent of the late '50's and early 60's.  Those were the days of harvest gold and coppertone as well as the featured avocado.

I am having so much fun shopping for a new old look.  It seems that younger people like my daughter and son-in-law really appreciate all the things that harken back to the times when I was young and carefree.  It seems things were much more simple then; I love that I can go back in time as I seek bounty for my antique booths.

For today, I wish you the gift of timeless treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment