Monday, January 16, 2012

To Market..To Market...But No Fat Pig

For the first time in about 18 years I visited the Atlanta Market to add a few lines to my Antique/Vintage booths.  Has it changed or what?  Instead of walkways with catwalk type grating, there is carpet every where.  Instead of 1 building, there are three connected with bridges over streets on many different floors.
Some of the old time vendors are no longer in business...well...my gift shop in Athens, TN is no longer in business either.

I explored several online catalogs on the Atlanta Market site.  I signed up with many to be a buyer.  That made it so much easier when I got to them to place my orders.  Since I call my business Chez Elle, I am adding some French Country accessories that should be fun: two tiered wire shelves, wire shelves with hooks, linen dish towels with black stripes, linen dish towels with black Eiffel Tower, boxes that look like books with Eiffel Tower and some with French postcard decor. 

I am also adding some eco products to attract that market: coasters that are made from recycled corrugated boxes with a finish to make them last up to a year.  I got several colors of pineapple design and one of cowboy boots.  They also had some great burlap table runners which I ordered.

I will be getting some iron that I hope will be as attractive to customers as it was to me.  That is always the hardest thing, to make choices that will attract buyers to my booths.  This type of product seems to continue on the path of many buyers who come into Gaslamp.  I have worked with them for over a year, and I have been able to participate in their selections of treasures to carry home.

When everything comes in and is staged I will post pictures, so stay tuned!

Here's wishing you success in your treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment