Saturday, January 7, 2012

Muffin Mania

I have volunteered to take 90 mini muffins to share tomorrow morning at Otter Creek.  I think there may be a few more than that.  I dreamed last night that I had forgotten to make them and take them.  Guess what I did first thing this morning...yes, I baked two kinds of mini muffins...one standby given by my friend Sandra that a double or triple depending on how many I make.

I did not have any sweet muffins that I wanted to try...so, I got out my trusty Otter Creek Cookbook to look for something that I already had in my pantry.  Alas, it failed me this time, except, I found a peach roll up.  I decided to try the basic dough recipe and add my own ingredients.  Voila!  The best "Almost Oatmeal Cookies Muffins" (my name for my creation)

Today I am sharing both recipes.

Country Ham Mini Muffins via Sandra McCarthy

1 cup Self Rising Flour
1/2 cup milk
4 Tlbs. mayonnaise
1 Cup chopped country ham (I do this in my mini chopper with leftovers)

Stir well and drop by teaspoon in  greased mini muffin tins.  Cook 14 minutes @ 425.  Yields 24 mini muffins.

Needless to say, Dennis cannot get enough of these.  I hope he will like the following.

Almost Oatmeal Cookies Muffins

2 Cups Self Rising Flour
1 Cup Oatmeal
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 Cups Milk
2/3 Cup Splenda for Baking Brown Sugar
1 Cup Craisins
1 Cup chopped Walnuts
1 Tsp. Cinnamon

Stir all together and drop by teaspoon in greased mini muffin cups.  Bake 10 minutes @ 425.  Yields 54 mini muffins.

Wishing you joy in discovering new recipes.

1 comment:

  1. Almost Oatmeal Cookie Muffins
    Sounds good will have to try them.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete