Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Home Time

Today was a rare day...the second consecutive day that I was home.  Oh, I did some grocery shopping and paint shopping at Home Depot, but I did not drive in to Nashville all day.  Glorious!

Yesterday I got all the laundry done and the beds changed, so today I started painting a yellow coffee table to put in my booth at Gaslamp tomorrow.  I started with a green, but did not really like it.  I found a limestone color that is white with just a very minute hint of green.  It is going to be fabulous!

I am cooking a pot roast for dinner with onions, carrots, and potatoes.  Had I run around Nashville today, there would not have been time for that.  The aromas are blending and making our house smell very homey...true comfort food on many levels.

I think I will plan to be more intentional about my time around home.  The benefits really outweigh the negatives.  Wednesdays will probably be my day to go in and get the things accomplished that need to be tackled.  Tomorrow I am cooking at my Dad's for us.  I think he is excited about that.  Maybe we will do that a lot on Wednesdays before church.

Wishing you time to savour enjoying your homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment