Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wishing and Hoping

Seems there was a song in my younger years about wishing and hoping and thinking and praying, but it was about a boyfriend.  I think Dusty Springfield recorded it.

I have been doing a bit of that with a different purpose.  Last week I was praying for Debbie's being led gently home; that was accomplished last Thursday.  I know from God's promises that she is totally healed now with no more pain, tears, or illness.  For that I am thankful.  My heart really aches for her family, two sisters, her father, and two wonderful daughters and their families.  I know the loss they feel since I, too, lost my mom.  It is a loss that comes and grabs you when you least expect it...like when you want to call her and tell her about something that is going on in your life.

This week I have been pondering having our grandson move in with us.  He will be 16 Sunday and is with us until next Tuesday.  Last year was not a good year for him.  He got wrapped up with a gang and tried drinking and a few drugs at their encouragement.  He pocketed some of his younger brother's medicine and gave it to gang members.  He has been doing probation for the last 7 months.  He does not want to get into trouble again, so he wants to be away from all that with us.  I know that if we have him, we will experience a bit of teen rebellion.  His mom does not seem to want this for him.  I could go on about that, but suffice it to say that with us he would have many more opportunities than he currently does...one of those would be connections with a solid youth group at church.  So I have to back away from this and leave it in God's hands.  I wish we could be part of the solution for Christian's metamorphosis.  That is my wishing and hoping for today.

May your wishing and hoping come to reality.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking about you. So much I could talk to you about this. Praying for him and hoping his mom makes the right choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol I am praying for you and your family and that the best decision will be made for Christian......God is in control...

    ReplyDelete