Saturday, March 24, 2012

How come...

Today's blog is not very upbeat, I fear.  I am questioning how my dear friend who has been staying with me for a clinical trial at Sarah Cannon has gotten to be in so much pain in such a short time.  How is it that she is now in the hospital with a morphine pump and still hurting so much that unless she improves they can not start the radiation theraphy to shrink the myeloma and lessen the pain?  How did she get such a cough in just a day or so?

Can anyone tell me why her family is at odds?  It has to be the stress of seeing her suffer.  I, too, have been there.  Yesterday when she was admitted to Sarah Cannon Cancer Center, it was a bit like deja vue...she may be in the same room my mom was in; she saw my mom's doctor since hers is out of town.  I came home and cried...for her and for the reminder.

One sister said she thinks they need to take her home for hospice care; I don't think it is fair to Deb to give up her chance of lessening her disease.  If the doctors think she needs to do that, they will tell us.  Meanwhile, we need to share in her hope.  This is not the sister who has been helping manage her medical care all along...that sister agrees with me.  Funny thing is that now she considers our home her home.  She has been with us for almost four weeks.  I am lost without her here to care for.  This morning it was so strange not to take up her breakfast and morning meds.  She keeps saying she wants to come home, to tell Dennis she will be up before long.

Cancer is a horid disease...how come nice people become its victims???????

Wishing you days to enjoy the good things in life with those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment