Saturday, March 3, 2012

Grand life

It has been a while since I have felt a subject that compelled me to write, but today I viewed a sweet picture of a friend with her new grandson.  Her smile was from ear to ear...maybe her whole body was smiling!  I told her she would portray that smile anytime she was in his presence.

I know this because it is the same smile I exhibit anytime I am blessed to be in the company of Miss Elle.  I am wearing it now even thinking about it.  I wear it a lot when I am around Christian, my 15 year old grandson, too.  It is the mantra of grandmothers.  We come alive as we talk and play with our grandchildren.
Elle left a message on Dennis' phone in December wishing him a "happy birthday, Poppy" and each time his voice mail tells him it will be erased, he saves it once again.

With Laura out of town this week, we have anticipated several nights of having Louis and Elle for dinner; it just did not work out.  However, they are all to come tomorrow!  I will make a squash casserole because Elle always expects to eat that when I cook.  It is one of her favorites.  One time I failed to fix it and she asked where was the squash...I learned my lesson.  Life just does not get much better:-)

My friend, Deb who is staying with us for a while as she does a clinical trial at Sarah Cannon will finally get to meet Elle in person instead of just hearing about her and listening to Dennis' birthday recording.  I am sure she will bring joy to her heart, too.

Wishing you simple pleasures that are grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment